Tuesday 10 June 2014

bk-2C-B

bk-2C-B, beta-ketone 2C-B; C10H12BrNO3

A derivative of 2C-B, this chem hit the world somewhere in 2013 and it does not have a place anymore in my Arsenal of the Mind. The reasons will be forthcoming.

Not the sharpest knife in the block.

An indistinct white powder with a strong chemical smell, bk-2C-B is purported to have a similar profile to 2C-B, but at a fraction of the strength of its parent compound. Bigger dosage is required to achieve any effect.

Purported is the keyword here - pure promise and no delivery.

Dose ranges, oral, milligrams (male, 90 Kg)

  • Light: 70 to 120
  • Mid-range: 120 to 220
  • Strong: over 220
Yes. You have read that well; 200 milligrams for an excursion that in my opinion is much inferior and more uncomfortable than any other experience I have had with a member of the 2C-x family.

After 30 minutes of taking it for the first time, I felt a strange sensation of malaise and chills through my body -something fairly common with phens. But taking a capsule with 120 mgs of something awful feels much worse than taking 20mgs of something awful -volumetrically speaking, my gut was full of bk-2C-B and did not like it one bit. My body was not liking it.

The psychedelic effects where very subtle, increasing in strength after the first hour and lasting for the next six or seven hours, but nowhere near as strong or colourful as 2C-E. Slight distortios on colour and light. Slight breathing of walls around me, but nothing really spectacular.

The body high was already very unpleasant, and did not diminish for the duration of the experience.

Inferior bromine


The second test with bk-2C-B, a month later, was a capsule with 150 mgs administered rectally. Just 40 minutes after administration I knew I had made a mistake; my gut was starting to burn, as if something mildly caustic was causing discomfort, and I promptly managed to flush it out with a solution of saline that I use for these kind of emergencies.

At that point I decided that the risks outweigh the benefits -as stated somewhere else in the 'net, bk-2C-B is a poor substitute for higher order 2C-x phens- and decided to toss it away as I wondered "why on Earth would someone use this when better chems are available?"

I poured the bk-2C-B in the toilet bowl and went out to do some errands. Coming home later, I was surprised to see a purple-coloured mass of gunk waiting for me in the toilet bowl.

The lesson is: the molecule of bk-2C-B is fragile and it dimerises (breaks) when in contact with water and then isomerises (recombines) randomly - some of these new isomers take on the classic purple hue of bromine compounds. Some of them might be psychoactive, but I am sure many more of those rogue molecules are not good for your insides.

No comments:

Post a Comment